Online Qualification Structure
- For each platform (Xbox and PlayStation) the following format will apply:
1.1 There will be predetermine Ladder Competitions, one for each player representing thy self or a club in membership of the League. Each Player will compete in the respective Ladder Competition
1.2 Matches between Players in Ladder Competition will be determined at random via an “online challenge system”, whereby Players will select the time at which they want to play a Match (from the allotted kick-off times) and be paired with another Player wanting to play a Match at that same time.
1.3 Players will only be able to arrange Matches to start during predetermine hours on weekends and there will be no limit on the number of Matches that a Player can participate in during Online Qualification.
1.4 Each respective Ladder Competition will have a leaderboard which will show how Players are ranked (such ranking will not be subject to challenge). Unless otherwise stated within these Rules, the highest finishing set determine Players on the leaderboard of each respective Ladder Competition at the end of the Online Qualification will qualify to compete in the Playoffs.
1.5 Should a Player who has qualified to compete in the Playoffs be disqualified, they shall be replaced by the next highest ranked Player in the respective Ladder Competition.
- In advance of each Match, Players will receive instructions via email (using the email address provided during registration) about how to arrange the Match with their opponent. All Online Qualification Matches will use the retail version of FIFA 19 Head to head seasons game mode and the default settings of the mode will be enforced automatically by the game, including difficulty level and allowable assists.
- Additional guidelines that apply to all Online Qualification Matches:
3.1 There will be no squad building restrictions.
3.2 Training Items are not allowed.
3.3 Players should record all their Matches using the built-in recording on their console or external recording device, these should be saved and available to be uploaded in case of dispute.
3.4 Players must not harass, message or in any way attempt to distract or direct others to distract their opponent.
3.5 Players must not manipulate their internet connection to negatively affect their or their opponent’s connection or gameplay.
3.6 Players must each have a light-coloured jersey and a dark colored jersey and must choose the opposite of one other to avoid confusion. If Players can’t agree, the home Player must choose a dark-colored jersey and the away Player a light-coloured jersey.
3.7 In the event of a disconnect, the Game should be resumed with an implied score and the remaining time in the Match played out.
3.8 Any Player that fails to make themselves available for a Match at the agreed kick-off time will forfeit that Match, with their opponent being granted a 3-0 victory.
3.9 The Player who wins a Match must report the score immediately on the tournament website.
- Matches will be played using the FIFA 19 Head to head seasons game mode in a version of FIFA 19 provided by EA
Game Interruptions and Pauses
- Each Player can pause the Game up to three times, outside of pauses requested by a Tournament Official. If a Player pauses the Game, it must be to make a tactical change to their squad, which can include substitutions, formation changes, or tactic adjustments.
- If a Game is paused or interrupted intentionally while the ball is in play by any Player, a Tournament Official has the right to immediately disqualify that Player responsible for the pause.
- If a Game interruption is caused by outside circumstances such as a machine error or loss of power, the Game shall be continued from a point determined by a Tournament Official.
- Notwithstanding the above, a Player can pause the Game when the ball is out of play to change strategy and/or formation if i) a player of his team is sent off or ii) a player of his team is injured. Account Use
- Players will use accounts provided by the League for their sole use during the Live Events. Players will receive limited log-in details for the accounts for use at the Live Events only. Players sharing account details with the public will be disqualified. The accounts are the sole property of EA and are not to be used for personal use and/or any other use whatsoever outside of the Competition by any individual, including Players.
- Players may not use this account for any functions outside of playing a Match or creating and editing their squad. Glitches / Game Bugs
- Any attempt to glitch the game in order to gain an advantage is prohibited.
- Procedure after a glitch penalty: If a Tournament Official determines that an action, goal, move, penalty or any other in-game action was caused by a glitch or a game bug, the Tournament Official will decide in their sole discretion to return the Game to a fair state depending on the result of the play.
- If there is a major outage affecting any infrastructure required for gameplay in the designated mode, the League reserves the right to change the format in which the Live Event is played. Pre-Match and Game Setup Instructions
- The game mode to be used for each Match will be FIFA Head to head seasons with the default game settings, which for the avoidance of doubt means that each Game will also use this mode. In the second Game of each Match, the pre-match settings options will be used to set the aggregate score before the Game. Gameplay Settings
- The gameplay settings are defined by the FIFA 19 Head to head seasons game mode, they are listed below:
15.1 Difficulty Level: World Class
15.2 Half Length: 6 minutes
15.3 Stadium Settings
15.4 Stadium: FEWC Stadium
15.5 Season: Fall/Autumn
15.6 Time of Day: 3:00PM
15.7 Pitch Wear: None Mandatory Settings
- The following settings will be enforced for all users and are unable to be modified:
16.1 HUD: Player Name & Indicator
16.2 Player Indicator: Player Name
16.3 Time/Score Display: On
16.4 Radar: 2D
16.5 Gamertag Indicator: Off
16.6 Scrolling Line Ups: Off
16.7 Commentary Volume: 0
16.8 Stadium Ambience: 8
16.9 Music Volume: 0
- The following single player camera settings are not allowed:
17.2 End to End
- Players will be limited in which consumables they can use for their squad. Changes to consumables restrictions may be announced one week prior to the start of each Live Event. Players will be allowed to use the following consumable types:
18.1 Contract Consumables
18.2 Position Change Consumables
18.3 Healing Consumables
18.4 Chemistry Style Consumables
18.5 Manager League Consumables
18.6 Fitness Consumables
- Players will not be allowed to use the following consumable types:
19.1 Training Consumables Account Setup
- The EA provided accounts will have all available FUT player items (subject to any squad building restrictions described below) from the retail version of FIFA 19 until the Roster Lock Date. Squad Building Restrictions
The NAFC League Code of Conduct Introduction
- The Code applies to all Players in the NAFC League at all levels of the Competition, unless otherwise specified.
Northern Arena places significant importance on the integrity of the NAFC League, and the aim of this Code is to clearly outline for each Player the standards expected of them when competing, whether it be during the Online Qualification, Playoffs or the Live Finals stage. Players should be aware that if they are found to be in breach of the Code, there is a possibility that sanctions will apply to them, and it is therefore the responsibility of all Players to ensure they have read and fully understood the Rules and the Code before participating. Citing a failure to have read or understood the Rules and/or the Code will not be deemed a mitigating circumstance in any instances where a suspected breach has occurred. The League reserves the right to amend the Code at any time. Any such amendment will be automatically effective upon publication on Northern Arena Website.
Player Behaviour General
- At all times (which includes all stages of the Competition) each Player shall behave towards each other Player, Tournament Official and the League with the utmost good faith.
- No Player shall:
23.1 conduct themselves in an abusive, insulting, intimidating or offensive manner towards any other Player, Tournament Official or the League;
23.2 commit any act or make any statement that is discriminatory by means of race, religion, gender, sexuality, disability, colour or national or ethnic origin; or
23.3 commit any act or make any statement that brings the League, any of its Clubs, the Competition or EA into disrepute.
23.4 For the avoidance of doubt,
23.1, 23.2 and 23.3 include the publishing, posting, uploading or distribution of content online via social media or any other method of online publication.
Game related Behavior
- Players must comply with the Rules at all times and no Player shall:
24.1 Use any software or program that damages, interferes with or disrupts the Competition or another’s computer or property;
24.2 Interfere with or disrupt another Player’s participation in the Competition;
24.3 Use exploits, cheats, undocumented features, design errors or bugs during the Competition;
24.4 Engage in any other activity that significantly disturbs the peaceful, fair and respectful gaming environment of the Competition; and/or
24.5 Promote or encourage another Player to take part in any of the prohibited conduct described above.
Match-Fixing and Collusion
- No Player shall fix or contrive in any way or otherwise influence improperly or be party to any agreement or effort to fix or contrive in any way or otherwise influence improperly, the result, progress, conduct or any other aspect of any Match, including (without limitation) by deliberately underperforming during a Match.
- No Player shall take part in any form of Collusion. “Collusion” means an agreement between Players and/or other individuals to alter the outcome or other components of a Match. For the avoidance of doubt, this includes but is not limited to: 40.1 purporting to be someone else by way of using another Player’s or individual’s account to compete or the use of a secondary account; 40.2 intentionally losing a Game or Match for any reason; or 40.3 allowing an opponent to score more or less goals than they normally would in order to impact goal difference.
- No Player shall:
27.1 directly or indirectly place a bet of any kind or instruct an individual to place a bet of any kind on any matter relating to any aspect of the Competition or any Game or Match in the Competition;
27.2 disclose Inside Information to any other person (and it shall be a breach of this Code should any Inside Information be disclosed and used by another person for or in relation to a bet); or
27.3 accept or seek to offer any form of bribe including but not limited to any payment, hospitality, gift or any other benefit (whether it has a monetary value attached or otherwise) in respect of any aspect of the Competition or any Game or Match in the Competition.